The students of universities that have agreements* with the University of São Paulo School of Education (FEUSP) may participate in the mobility program in the field of Education.
For undergraduates, we have Pedagogy and Teaching Degree courses (Teaching Degree in specific content as Portuguese, French, History, Geography, etc).
For graduates, we have Master and Doctorate Degrees in Education.
*For graduate students internships, it is not necessary to establish an international academic agreement. For undergraduate students won´t be necessary at first, but we can begin the process of an agreement when the students were recommended.
1.2 Mobility for undergraduate students:
The recommendation of students must be made by the International Office from the Home University. The deadline to recommend students is June 15th for the 2nd semester (August/December) and November 15th for the 1st semester (February to June).
The first step that should be done to recommend a student is to fill the application form below:
Application Form (attached)
Then the student will receive an email and must complete the online application attaching the following documents:
- Application Form Filled and signed (attached);
- Recommendation letter written by a professor from the home university;
- A photo 3×4 cm size;
- Official Transcript of Records and its simple translation into Portuguese, English or Spanish (signed and stamped by the home university);
- Copy of passport.
1.2.1. Disciplines – 2º semester 2017
1.2.2 All the disciplines
Compulsory courses generally offered each semester
Contents of the disciplines and the title in English:
1.3 Mobility of graduate students
For graduate students, the following documents are required:
1) A recommendation letter (in Portuguese) of a Thesis Supervisor from the Home University addressed to the Thesis Supervisor from FEUSP;
2) Letter from your Home University proving as a Graduate Degree student;
3) Research plan (in Portuguese) that take place in FEUSP with start and end date ;
4) Schedule of activities (in Portuguese) that take place in FEUSP;
5) Copy of passport.
6) Application Form filled and signed
The application deadline is February to June for the second half of the year and August to November for the first half of next year.
For intership over 3 months, the student will be registered as Exchange Graduate student.
1. 4 Other type of programs
Program developed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education in order to offer training opportunities than citizens of countries with which Brazil maintains educational and cultural agreements (especially in Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean).
Program of cooperation with countries from Africa, Asia, Oceania, Latin America, Middle East and the Caribbean. This program aims at increasing qualification of professors, researchers and professionals.
2. Portuguese language
- USP offers a online Portuguese course (basic level A1) for all the Exchange Students, once is accepted. The student can begin the course before she/he arrives to USP.
- We offer Portuguese Language Tutoring (Center for Studies and Research on Language Teaching – CEPEL). Local: Room 11 Block B. It´s necessary a previous booking by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Interaction in Foreign Language
- We have Faculty members who speak other languages and who can assist the students in short summaries, answer questions and indicate some literature in the languages they understand.
- The University of São Paulo does not have accommodation for foreign students. . On the Student guide (item 8) there are some housing suggestions.
5. USP iFriends
It is a program in which volunteers students of USP may help foreign students with the following activities:
- Assistance in finding accommodation;
- Reception at the airport;
- Assistance documents for foreigners;
- Academic orientation;
- Assistance with the Portuguese language.
Foreign students recommended by the home university can enroll in the program.
6. Dining plan
- The University of São Paulo has dining plan for all the students enrolled. Each meal costs: Breakfast R$ 0,50. Lunch R$ 2,00 Dinner R$ 2,00.
11. We organize the agenda of foreign visitors every semester. In this case, we ask that those interested in visiting us to send an email: email@example.com
12. In the same way, we have offered training for groups of students and foreign professors about the system, culture and history of Brazilian education. We ask that interested parties to contact us for better understandings and schedules.